本试卷分第I 卷 (选择题) 和第II 卷 (非选择题) 两部分
第 I 卷 ( 选择题105分)
1. Why couldn't the woman give the man some help?
A. She is quite busy right now.
B. She doesn't like grammar at all.
C. She is poor in grammar, too.
2. What happened to the man?
A. He had to do others' jobs.
B. Nobody would like to help him.
C. He had to take Jane to hospital.
3. What do we learn from the conversation?
A. The woman likes the dyed hair.
B. The man dislikes some young people have their hair dyed.
C. Many Chinese have their hair dyed, except old people.
4. What is the man going to do?
A. Go shopping and buy a pair of new trousers.
B. Have his old clothes changed.
C. Go to a tailor's and have a new pair of pants made.
5. What did the man mean?
A. He wanted a table near the window.
B. He wanted a quiet place.
C. He wanted to sit near the window to discuss something.
6. Where is the man ?
A. At a clothes shop
B. At a post office
C. At a library
7. What color does the man like?
8. What does he think of the price?
9. From the text, we know that the shop doesn't have______ shoes.
10. Where did he go last Saturday?
A. To the Natural Park
B. To the Children's Park
C. To the city
11. What does he often write about to his friends?
A. His weekends
B. His life in China
C. His Chinese friends
12. Who is the woman buying the gift for?
A. Her husband
B. Her son
C. Her daughter
13. How much does the woman want to spend on the gift?
14. What is the first gift the man suggests to the woman?
A. A basketball
B. A recorder
C. A pen and a notebook
15. What were the high temperatures for Friday in the state?
A. 85 to 90 degrees.
B. 91 to 95 degrees
C. Over 99 degrees
16. What is the weather forecast for Saturday evening?
A. It will be clear
B. It will be cloudy
C. It will be rainy
17. About what time should skies clear on Sunday?
A. Around 10:00a.m.
B. Around 3:00p.m.
C. Around 6:00p.m.
18. How old do you think the speaker is?
A. In his middle fifties
B. Nearly seventy
C. Around forty
19. What does the speaker think of Martin Luther King?
A. An example for all blacks.
B. A danger to his white community.
C. A special hero for him.
20. Why are the high-school students in the state of Florida tired of hearing about Mr. Luther King?
A. He didn't bring any improvement in their civil right.
B. The civil-rights movement is an out-of-date topic for them.
C. There are few white citizens in the high schools in Florida.
21. He must have been studying hard before the exam. __________.
A. I doubt about it B. There is no doubt at it
C. I have no doubt about that D. There is some doubt of it
22. At the end of every class, a few minutes are left for answering the questions any student________
A. rises B. raised C. comes up D. comes up with
23. In English, words are not always spelled_______ they sound.
A. just same B. the same like C. the way D. by the means
24. It's good feeling to ______all the debts after these years of hard work.
A. pay back B. pay off C. pay D. pay for
25. There ____ a needle and thread. You can do the sewing and mending yourself.
A. have B. has C. is D. were
26. ---Oh, it's you. I____ you _____in Beijing, too.
---It's really nice to see you here.
A. don't know; are B. didn't know; were
C. don't know; were D. didn't know; are
27. It's windy. Put on this coat. It will ___you____ the cold.
A. prevent; off B. prevent; from C. protect; off D. protect; from
28.---Why have you come so late, peter?
----You can never imagine what difficulty I have____ the place.
A. found B. finding C. to find D. for finding
29. Who are you going to____“Who's who” into Chinese?
A. have translated B. have been translated
C. have translate D. have been translating
30. The town is no longer ______ it was five years ago, _____it was quite dirty.
A. what; which B. that; which C. what; when D. that; where
31. Better use should be ____ new technologies___ our life easy and comfortable.
A.made; to make B. made of; to make
C.made; making D. made of; making
32.---Does your car battery ____easily?
---Yes. And normally I have it ____once half a year.
A. charge; charged B. be charged; charging
C. charge;charge D. get charged; charging
33. --- I heard they went skiing in the mountains last winter.
---It____ true because there was little snow there.
A. may not be B. won't be C. couldn't be D. mustn't be
34. --- Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her?
--- Yes, I gave it to her ____I saw her.
A. while B. the moment C. suddenly D. once
35. --- Is Bob still performing?
---I'm afraid not. He is said _____ the stage already as he has become an official.
A. to have left B. to leave C. to have been left D. to be left
A Shelter for the Homeless
Last summer I was a volunteer (志愿者) at a shelter for the homeless, a place for homeless people to sleep at night. I wasn't working that summer and was 36 only two classes in summer school, so I had some 37 time.
Three nights a week, I 38 in the kitchen of the shelter along with four other volunteers. We planned and 39 for 45 people hot meals 40 vegetables, chicken, fish and fruit. The homeless people 41 this good food because many of them usually didn't eat well.
I 42 this volunteer work, making 43 with the four volunteers in the kitchen. One was a very nice elderly housewife, one a movie actor, another a young teacher, and the other a college student, 44 me.
I talked to a lot of the homeless people at the shelter. Their life stories 45 me with sympathy (同情). Some of them had 46 with alcohol (酒) or drugs while others only had bad 47. One woman worked for almost 30 years for a small company, and 48 she lost her job. She looked for a 49 job, but couldn't find one , for she was too 50 . She could do nothing but sell her furniture --- sofas, chairs, and tables 51 she could pay for her food. The woman 52 on job hunting, but she 53 couldn't find one. She had no money for her 54 and had to sleep in her car. Then she had to sell her car. Alone, 55 , and homeless, she finally came to the shelter.
36. A. studying B. planning C. holding D. taking
37. A. full B. free C. extra D. long
38. A. helped B. waited C. appeared D. washed
39. A. ordered B. bought C. cooked. D. finished
40. A. with B. from C. by D. in
41. A. demanded B. needed C. collected D. requested
42. A. wanted B. had C. owned D. enjoyed
43. A. decisions B. wishes C. friends D. changes
44. A. as B. like C. except D. besides
45. A. struck B. filled C. seized D. provided
46. A. habits B. worries C. difficulties D. problems
47. A. luck B. pain C. experience D. loss
48. A. so B. again C. then D. thus
49. A. good B. fresh C. skilled. D. new
50. A. old B. poor C. sick D. dull
51. A. if B. because C. so that D. in case
52. A. went B. moved C. came. D. worked
53. A. also B. still C. almost D. even
54. A. block B. cottage C. building D. flat
55. A. afraid B. shy C. shocked D. mad
Do you know that a fast reader can get the ideas better than a slow reader can? Of course, you save time by reading fast, but this is not the main reason for fast reading. The main reason is that you understand better what you are reading when you read fast.
As your eyes move along the line of print, they make fixations(固定)or pauses. It is important that your see several words at a fixation. It is also important that your eyes leave a group of words quickly and move on to another group. The number of letters or words that you see at a fixation is called your eye span. Pay more attention to improving your rate of reading. With practice you can learn to read faster than you usually read.
The way in which you read always depends on what you are reading and for what purpose. You should know the different ways of reading so that you can apply whatever method that is necessary. Here are four ways of reading:
(1) Skimming is an important kind of reading. This method can be used when you wish to review something that you have forgotten. You can skim to get the main points.
(2) Rapid first reading and then rereading certain parts carefully is important. You may use this type of reading to study a science lesson or a history lesson.
(3) You need to do careful reading and rereading sometimes. This type of reading is necessary for making an intensive（精深的） study of your school subjects, solving maths problems or reading directions.
(4) Rapid reading is used when reading stories for enjoyment.you may also do rapid reading when reviewing material that you already know well.
56. The main reason for reading fast is that you can ____ what you are fast reading.
A. get the ideas B. save time C. understand better D. learn well
57. The way of reading always depends on ________.
A. the method that you like B. your reading material
C. your reading purpose D. both B and C
58. The underlined word "skimming" in the fourth paragraph means________.
A. reading very fast B. looking carefully
C. reading only the main points D. reading some parts of the material
59. Careful reading is an important kind of reading ________.
A. when you read a story for enjoyment.
B. when you go over a lesson that you have already known well.
C. when you read the directions before using a camera which is expensive
D. when you wish to find a lost place that you have read
( B )
Fucheng Garden Villas is situated along the North 14th Ring Road, just 2 kilometers east away from the Asian Games Village with easy traffic connection. It is 5 kilometers from the Beijing Lufthansa Center.
Fucheng Garden Villas covers an area of 520 mu, over 80% of which is covered by trees and greens., just like a garden in the city.
All the 108 villas were designed by American Company IDI, in American style, expensive besides comfortable.
All materials of the construction and decoration(装饰) as well as equipment are famous American products.
From now to July 31st, preferential (优惠的)prices for sale and rent are offered. You can move into Fucheng Garden Villas on signing an agreement.
Banks will provide a 50% mortgage (抵押) for 5 years.
Overseas Sales License: No. 124
Developer: Beijing Hongda Real Estate Co. , Ltd
69 East, North 4th Ring Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Tel: (8610)64967050 64967049
Fax: (8610) 64933575
From China Daily.
60. The advertiser is _________.
A. Beijing Hongda Real Estate Go. , Ltd
B. Fucheng Garden Villas
C. American company IDI.
D. The Beijing Lufthansa.
61. According to the advertisement, which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. You can buy or tent the Fucheng Garden Villas at a favorable price.
B. You can't move into Fucheng Garden at Villas before signing agreements.
C. If you haven't got enough money at the moment, you can't buy the villa.
D. Not only equipment but also all materials of the construction and the decoration are made in America.
62. According to this passage, trees, flowers and other plants cover _____ mu of this area.
A. 35 B. 28 C. 520 D. 416
( C )
Most people nowadays drink water in 3 different ways: boiled water, purified water or mineral water. Which is the best water?
Ai Hua, a nutrition expert based in Beijing, replies: First of all none of the three kinds of water is really "bad" for health.
But in comparison, boiled water is probably the worst quality among the three.
Although boiling kills bacteria(细菌), some of the beneficial ionized (离子状的) metals are also lost. These include calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper and son on.
Mineral water should be the best water, because it contains both naturally distilled (过滤) water from rain and matters that contain calcium, copper and magnesium.
At to purified water, it depends on what is distilled during the purifying process. If the mineral elements and the metal ions are distilled, then it is not as good as mineral water. If the mineral elements are kept and only the organic compound articles are distilled, it is good.
63. According to Ai Hua, the best water should be _____.
A. boiled water B. purified water C. mineral water D. rain water
64. "Magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper" are most probably________.
A. different kinds of bacteria
B. different kinds of mineral elements
C. different kinds of organic compound articles
D. different kinds of vitamins
65. Boiled water is probably the worst quality among the three because_____.
A. boiling kills bacteria
B. the organic compound articles are distilled
C. the metal ions are lost
D. it is too hot to drink
66. Purified water can be as good as mineral water if ______.
A. the mineral elements are distilled
B. the metal ions are distilled
C. the organic compound articles are distilled
D. the mineral elements are kept in the purifying process
( D )
A sixth-grader settles down to do her homework on a weekday afternoon in 2008. Instead of at the kitchen table with piles of books, she's sitting on the bus with her laptop. She is on the Internet to take a math-skills test on the school home page and get her own personalized assignment, downloads the software she'll need, looks for help from an online school librarian and e-mails the finished work to her teacher.
Homework in the future may not be any less laborious, but it will certainly be more online. And as more children get the chance to use computers and the net - 75% of teens and 47% kids aged 2 to 12 are expected to be online by 2008 --- schools and technology companies are supposed to design special assignments and high-tech homework help for parents and kids. On the menu: TAILOR-MADE ASSIGNMENT. The greatest change about homework will be that instead of everybody heading home with the same lesson, each student will sit down to their own assignment. The school's central computer will include information on each student's progress and give out the special work.
As computers become the homework tool of choice, educators worry about children who don't have chance to use the technology. "The kids who don't have computers at home will be at such a basic disadvantage. It will be as if they didn't have a pen or paper." Says Elliot' a professor at the University of Michigan. He's just finished a study in which Internet TVs were placed in the homes of a class of Detroit public-school students, and found it not only benefited the kids but attracted parents to join in as well.
67. What's the advantage of future assignment?
A. Different students have different assignments which are specially designed.
B. Students can discuss the problems together easily.\
C. They can do their homework anywhere and anytime.
D. Both A and C.
68. Which of the following is true?
A. The future homework is much easier.
B. Students will spend more time online.
C. All the students in a Detroit public-school have a computer at home.
D. Parents will help their kids do their homework.
69. The passage implies that ________.
A. tailors help design homework.
B. not every student does the same homework.
C. students can surely make great progress by doing such assignment
D. students who don't have computers can also finish their homework easily
70. Which could be the best title for this passage?
A. Assignment in Future B. Development of Assignment
C. Computers D. How to Do Homework Well
Meat and vegetables are measured in grams and kilograms. Milk and other liquid foods are measured in liters and milliliters. These units only measure quantity; they do not measure the value of the food to the body. The unit which measures the quality of value of food is the "calorie". A calorie is the amount of heat given off by food when it burns. This measurement tells how much energy a certain food has when it its completely used by the body.
Our bodies use varying amounts of calories. The more exercise we take, the more calories we burn. If we eat food which contains more calories than we use up, then it is possible that we would increase in weight. In order to avoid becoming overweight it is advisable to eat a balanced diet and not to eat too many foods that have a high calorie rating. The table below gives you some ideas of the number of calories in food.
Slice of bacon 50
Slice of beef 100
Meat pie 500
Sausage roll 350
Sweets and Pastries
Small chocolate bar 190
Large chocolate bar 225
Slice apple pie 300
Scoop of ice-cream 85
71. To keep the calorie intake down, it is better to eat_____.
A. chocolate B. meat pie C. fruit D. apple pie
72. How many slices of bacon equal the same number of calories as in a sausage roll?
A.5. B.6. C.7. D.8.
73. Which of the following do you think would contain the most calories?
B. A chocolate-coated ice-cream.
C. A green sald.
D. A cumcumber.
74. Which of the following statements is true?
A. "Calorie" is the unit which measures the quantity of food.
B. The more exercise we take, the less calories our bodies burn.
C. If we eat too many foods that have a high calorie rating, we will put on weight.
D. Meats usually contain less calories than fruits.
75. Which is the best title for the passage?
A. How to measure the quality of food?
B. Calories in foods
C. The units of measurement
D. How to lose weight?
There are advantage for students to work while 76.____________
studying at school. One of them was that 77.____________
they can earn money. For the most part, 78.____________
students working to earn money for their own 79.____________
use. Earning their own money allow them 80.____________
to spend on anything as if they please. 81.____________
They would have to ask their parents for 82.____________
money or for permission to do things by 83.____________
the money. Some students may also to save 84.____________
up for our college or future use. 85.____________
1.Different g_____ have different ideas of fashion.
2.It's a great honour to have our r_____ guests here.
3.I appreciate your p______ attitude towards the problem.
4.As a good businessman, he always prefers q_______ to quantity.
5. There never seem to be such c______ in his life.
6. It was very g______ of you to lend them your new car for their holiday.
7. The man t_____ the little girl with a knife.
8. He was e______ angry at the news.
9. When he woke up, he found a lot of strangers s______ him.
10 In the end, the city was taken p______ of by the Red Army.
December 15th, Friday
CABCB AABBA BBACB CBACB
CDCBC BDBCC BACBA
DBACA BDCBB DACDA CABDA
DDCC ACD CBCD DBCA CCBCB
79. 把students working改为students work。
81. 把as if改为as。
83. 把by the money改为with the money。
84. 把may also to save改为may also save。
85. 把our college or future use改为their college or future use。
1. generations 2. respected/ respectable 3. positive 4. quality 5. comforts
6. generous 7. threatened 8. extremely 9. surrounding 10. possession
December 15th, Friday
Some of my classmates often waste their time, but I think that time is precious for us because lost time will never return and no gold can buy it.
Time passes very quickly. Some say they don't have enough time to prepare their lessons. They don't know how to make use of their time. They spend too much of their time in going to theatres, playing games, and doing other things. I think that they will feel sorry some day.