1. A cook will be immediately fired if he is found ____ in the kitchen.(NMET2003)
A. smoke B. smoking C. to smoke D. smoked
2. Having a trip abroad is certainly good for the old couple, but it remains____ whether they will
A. to see B. to be seen C. seeing D. seen
3. The research is so designed that once ____ nothing can be done to change it.(NMET2002)
A. begins B. having begun C. beginning D. begun
4. As I joined the big crowd I got ____ from my friends.(NMET2001)
A. separated B. spared C. lost D. missed
5. I’ve worked with children before, so I know what____ in my job.(NMET2000)
A. expected B. to expect C. to be expected D. expects
6. _____ such heavy pollution already, it may now be too late to clean up the river.(NMET2001)
A. Having suffered B. Suffering C. To suffer D. Suffered
7. The picture _____ on the wall is painted by my nephew.(2000年春季高考)
A. having hung B. hanging C. hangs D. being hung
8. _____ some of this juice—perhaps you’ll like it.(2000年春季高考)
A．Trying B. Try C. To try D. Have tried
9. Robert is said _____ abroad, but I don’t know what country he studied in(NMET99)
A. to have studied B. to study
C. to studying D. to have been studying
10. The visiting Minister expressed his satisfaction with his talks, ____ that he had enjoyed his
A. having added B. to add C. adding D. added
11. Most of the artists ____ to the party were from South Africa.(MET90)
A. invited B. to invite C. being invited D. had been invited
12. The computer center, _____ last year, is very popular.(MET93)
A. open B. opening C. having opened D. opened
13. The first textbooks _____ for teaching English as a foreign language came out in the 16th
A. having written B. to be written C. being written D. written
14. –Good morning. Can I help you?(MET98)
-I’d like to have this package ____, madam.
A. be weighed B. to be weighed C. to weigh D. weighed
15.Cleaning women in big cities usually get _____ by the hour.(NMET98)
A. pay B. paying C. paid D. to pay
1. _____ his telephone number, she had some difficulty getting in touch with Bill.(91)
A. Not knowing B. Knowing not
C. Not having known D. Having not known
2. He used to _____ his teaching when he was young.(91)
A. devote to B. be devoted to C. devoting to D. being devoted to
3. He has always insisted on his _____ Dr. Tuner instead old Mr. Turner.(92)
A. been called B. called C. having called D. being called
4. He didn’t keep on asking me the time any longer as he had had his watch ____.(93)
A. to repair B. repaired C. repairing D. repair
5. The waiter was made _____ to the guest.(93)
A. apologized B. apologizing C. to apologize D. to be apologizing
6. As soon as the girl entered the room, she caught sight of the flowers _____ by her mother.(93)
A. buying B. being bought C. were bought D. bought
7. Do you mind _____ alone at home?(93)
A. Jane leaving B. Jane having Left C Jane’s being left D. Jane to be left
8. If you go to Xi’an you will find the palaces there more magnificent than commonly ____(94)
A. supposing B. supposed C. to suppose D. suppose
9. Jane’s pale face suggested that she _____ ill, and her parents suggested that she _____ a
A. b, should have B. was, have C. should be, had D. was, has
10. She looks forward every spring to _____ the flower-lined garden.(95)
A. visit B. paying a visit C. walk in D. walking in
11. ---What do you think made Mary so upset?(97)
---_____ her new bicycle.
A. As she lost B. Lost C. Losing D. Because of losing
12. There are five pairs _____, but I’m at lost which to buy.(99)
A. to be choose B. to choose from C. to choose D. for choosing
13. The _____ boys were last seen _____ near the East Lake.(2000)
A. missing, playing B. missing, play
C. missed, played D. missed, to play
14. Tom was not happy for _____ to the party.(2000)
A. having not been invited B. not having invited
C. having not invited D. not having been invited
15. Finding her car stolen,_____.(2001)
A. a policeman was asked to help
B. the area was seared thoroughly
C. it was looked for everywhere
D. she hurried to a policeman for help
1. Some students like staying up late into the night, ______ _ their lessons for the coming
A．to prepare B．preparing C．prepare D．was preparing
2．These are the facts ______ by the school.
A．to gather B．gathering C．gathered D．to be gathered
3．He got his shoes ______ yesterday.
A．to repair B．repairing C．being repaired D．repaired
4．When I got home, there was ______ _, so I got angry.
A．a little food to leave B．little food left
C．a little food leaving D．little food to leave
5．I lived in a house ______ by a lot of pine trees.
A．surrounding B．to surround
C．surrounded D．to be surrounded
6．The name of Nebraska comes from an Indian word, ______ ______ flat water.
A．to mean B．meaning C．it means D．by meaning
7．Weather ______ _, we are going swimming.
A. permitting B．to permit C．permitted D．having permitted
8．It's a music group ______ itself Wolves.
A．calls B．called C．is called D．calling
9．The old lady has two sons, ______ in a big city.
A．live B．to live C．lives D．living
10. Among those ______ were some classmates of mine.
A．invited B．inviting C．to invite D．having been invited
11. Is there a student ______ Jack in your class?
A．called B．calling C．to call D．calls
12. So many people went to watch the football match, ______ _ some young girls.
A．including B．included C．include D．to include
13. I can't understand the letter ______ in English.
A．written B．write C．writing D．have been written
14. The people ______ another country needs passport.
A．enters B．enter C．entered D．entering
15. ______ deep down in the earth for thousands of years, the dead forest has rotted away and
A．Buried B．Burying C．Having buried D．Having been buried
16. ______ from the moon, the earth looks like a colorful ball.
A．Seeing B．Seen C．Having seen D．Having been seen
17. The boy sat on the sofa, ______ TV programmes attentively.
A．watch B．watched C．watching D．to watch
18. ______ among high trees, the house can't easily be seen.
A．Hidden B．Hid C．Hide D．Hiding
19. ______ , Tom is loved by all the people in the village.
A．Being an honest man B．Being that he is an honest man
C．He is an honest man D．An honest man being
20, Class __A____ over, all the students rushed out of the classroom.
A．× B．is C．was D．having been over
21. When ______ that it was getting late, I put off the light and went to bed.
A．find B．finding C．found D．founded
22．If ___ green, the door might look more beautiful.
A．paint B．painted C．painting D．to paint
23．Please leave the door ______, as it's hot here.
A．open B．opened C．being opened D．to be opened
24．Some countries in the Southeast Asia are ______ countries.
25. Everything was out of order in the ______ shop.
A．robbed B．rob C．robbing D．have robbed
26. This is a ______ movie and everyone was ______ _.
A．moved, moving B．moved, moved
C．moving, moved D．moving, moving
27.They are very ______ to see her _____ face.
A．pleasing, smiled B．pleasing, smiling
C．pleased, smiled D．pleased, smiling
28. The listeners got ______at the ______ speech by the famous scientist.
A．exciting, excited B．exciting, exciting
C．excited, excited D．excited, exciting
29.I'm very glad to see the problem ______ .
A．settle B．settled C．being settled D．settling
30. I'm sorry to have kept you ______ so long a time.
A．wait B．to wait C．waited D．waiting
31. ______ the rain had stopped, he left his raincoat at home.
A．Seeing B．To see C．Seen D．See
32. ----Can I help you?
----I want the letter ______ at once.
A．typed B．being typed C．type D．typing
33. When he got home, he found his pocket ______ open and his wallet ______.
A．cut, stealing B．cut, stolen
C．cutting, stealing D．cutting, stolen
34. My father encouraged me in my painting, but never liked to see any of my works ______ in
C．having exhibited D．being exhibited
35. Thousands of peasants are up into the city ______ vegetables, fruit and some other things
A．sell B．selling C．sold D．to be selling
36. Linda can't attend the party ______ at Tom's house at present because she is preparing a
speech for the party ______ at Marie's house tomorrow.
A．being held, to be held B．to be held, held
C．held, being held D．to be held, to be held
37.“We must keep a secret the things ______ here .”the general said, __________ at the men
charge of the information office.
A．discussed, stared B．discuss, staring
C．being discussed, stared D．being discussed, staring
38．Please speak slower because you don't make yourself ______.
A．understood B．understand C．to understand D．understanding
39. The dog ,______, will be made a good match dog.
A．to train properly B．training properly
C．properly to train D．trained properly
40. Before ______ white, the door should be cleaned thoroughly.
A．painting B．painted C．being painted D．having been painted
41. The famous actor came out of the theatre, with a great many of his lovers ______.
A．follow B．to follow C．followed D．following
42. ______ all things into consideration, I dare to say it is not the best.
A．Taking B．Taken C．Being taken D．To take
43. ______ from him for a long time, I had to write him a second letter.
A．Hearing not B．Not to hear
C．Not being heard D．Not having heard
44. He was so tired that he left the difficult work half ______, and went back home.
A．do B．done C．doing D．to do
45. I don't like the lonely house ______ to Smith.
A．belong B．belongs C．belong D．belonging
46. The girl ______ in a colorful skirt looks beautiful.
A．dressed B．dressing C．dresses D．dress
47. If ______ in pen instead of in pencil, the letter would be easily to read.
A．writing B．having written
C．having been written D．written
48. Having failed a written examination ______.
A．it is necessary that I have to study hard
B．I must be hard to study
C．it is necessary for me to study hard
D．I am forced to study hard
49. Asked about his life in the past, ______.
A．nobody said nothing B．they did not get an answer from him
C．nothing was said by him D．John nodded his head and left the room
50. ______ from what he said, he must be the thief who has stolen the car.
A．Judging B．Judged C．Judges D．Judge
51. They had finished their work, so they went home. This sentence means: ______, they went
A．Work done B．They finished their work
C．Work to be done D．Work having done
52. ----What do you think of the man you saw last night?
----Generally ______ , he is not so good as expected.
A．speaking B．spoken C．speak D．spoke
53. Being a small boy, ______.
A．my father took me with him to France B．I went with my father to France
C．my father went with me to France D．my father took me to France
54. Having got home, ______.
A．my wallet was lost B．I found my wallet missing
C．my wallet was missing D．I found the losing book
55. ______ a longer time, I could have done it better than planned.
A．Give B．Having given
C．Giving D．Having been given
56. My letter, ______ to a wrong number, reached me late.
A．to have addressed B．being addressed
C．having been addressed D．to have been addressed
57. He bought the car because of its ______ price.
A．reduce B．reduced C．reducing D．reduces
58. ______ by the dog twice, he was afraid to go to my house again.
A．Having bitten B．Having been bitten
C．Biting D．Being bitten
59. The man got home very late that might, ______ his house had been broken into.
A．found B．to find C．find D．finding
60. He could see everything in the room clearly, with a ______ lamp in his hand.
A．lighted B．light C．being lighted D．lit
61．______ to the school building, the visitor were led to see the library.
A．Having shown B．Having been shown
C．Being shown D．Shown
62．He reached the railway station, ______ and out of breath, ______ the train had left.
A．tiring, finding B．tired, finding
C．tiring, to find D．tired, found
63. The thief followed her, with his eyes ______ on the wallet in her pocket.
A．fix B．fixed C．fixing D．to fixed
64. He listened attentively to me ______ while ______ at me.
A．spoke, stared B．speaking, staring
C．spoke, staring D．speaking, stared
65. ______ the front door ______ he had to enter the room through the back door.
A．Seen, painted B．Seeing, painted
C．Being seen, being painted D．Seeing, being painted
66. ______ in the dark cave, he was not afraid of being found by ______ enemy soldiers.
A．Hidden, armed B．Hide, armed
C．Hiding, arm D．Hiding, armed
67. ______ of danger in the street at night, she had to go home, with a friend of ______ her.
A．Warned, followed B．Warning, following
C．Having warned, following D．Having been warned, following
68. ______ this experiment is not Difficult.
A．Having Done B．Being Done C．To Do D．Done
69. It is no ______ arguing about it, because he will never change his mind.
A．use B．help C．time D．while
70. It is necessary ______ the book immediately.
A．for him to return B．that he returns
C．his returning D．to him return
71. In a shop ______ customers.
A．it is important pleasing B．it is important to please
C．there is important pleasing D．there is important to please
72. Now the need ______ other people's language is becoming greater and greater.
A．to learn B．learning C．to be learned D．being learned
73. The noise of Desks ______ could be heard out in the street.
A．opened and closed B．to be opened and closed
C．being opened and closed D．having been opened and closed
74. They found out a ______ soldier on the battlefield.
A．wound B． wounded C．wounding D．being wounded
75. Galileo planned to ______ the problem, but failed to Do so.
A．solving B．have solved
C．be solved D．have been solved
76. She Didn't know whether to sell her books or ______ .
A．to keep them for reference B．if she should keep them for reference
C．keeping them for reference D．kept for reference
77. I remember ______ the book last month. It was very interesting.
A．to read B．reading C．to be read D．being read
78. The window needs ______ .
A．to clean B．that it must clean
C．that it cleans D．cleaning
79. Tom said that he wouldn't mind ______ .
A． to wait for us B． wait for us
C．waiting for us D．for waiting us
80. I can't help ______ anxious about the situation.
A．feel B．to feel C．felt D．feeling
81.I feel it an honor ______ to speak here.
A．to ask B．asking C．to be asked D．having asked
82. I am considering ______ your offer,
A．to accept B．accepted C．accept D．accepting
84. Excuse me, but it is time to have your temperature ______ .
A．taking B．to take C．take D．taken
85. Let his words ______ .
A．being remembered B．remembering
C．be remembered D．remember
87. He asked us ______ any noise.
A．don't make B．not to make C．to not make D．make not
88. ______ plastics, the machine is light in weight.
A．To make of B．Having made
C．To be made of D．Made of
89. ______ all his homework, he went to bed.
A．Doing B．He has been Doing
C．He had Done D．Having Done
90. Tom is waiting ______ the Doctor.
A．to see B．for to see C．for seeing D．for see
91. I have enjoyed my visit here. I'll be very sorry ______ .
A．for leaving B．of leaving
C．to leave D．with leaving
92. The news was ______ to us all.
A．surprised B．to be surprised C．surprising D．to surprised
93. The Door remained ______ .
A．locking B．locked C．lock D．to lock
94. You should work this evening instead of ______ TV.
A．watch B．you watching
C．you watch D．watching
95. He ______ quite a lot in his work.
A．use to travel B．is used to travel
C．used to travel D．was use to travel
96. Mary and Tom ______ to the parties at the Student Union every Friday.
A．used to go B．use to go
C．are used to go D．were used to go
97. The book is worthy of ______ .
A．reading B．read C．having read D．being read
98. He Didn't seem to mind ______ TV while he was trying to study.
A．their watching B．them watching
C．that they watch D．them to watch
99. It's very kind ______ invite me.
A．from you to B．of you to C．by you to D．that you
100. I wish very much that I could go to your home to watch the exciting football match, but my
parents won't allow ______ in touch with you.
A．me keeping B．that I keep C．me to keep D．me keep
101. The window is believed ______ by Jack.
A．broken B．to be broken
C．to break D．to have been broken
102. He was glad ______ for his well-done homework several times.
A．praised B．to be praised C．to praise
D．to have been praised 1.Would you please tell me
103. The girl wasn't_____ to lift that bookcase.
A. too strong B. enough strong C. strong enough D. so strong
104. For a time his grandmother found_____ accept his new idea.
A .hard B. it hard C. it hard to D. it is hard to
105. As she has never been there before, I'll have someone______ her the way.
A. show B. to show C. showing D. showed
106. You _____ drive slowly. The roads are wet.
A. had rather B. would rather C. had better D. would better
107. Nothing can make the brave soldier _____ his country.
A. turn against B. to turn against C. to turn to D. turn to
108. When learning a foreign language, try our best _____ the spirit of it.
A. master B. hold C. take hold of D .to master
109. It was foolish _____ his car unlocked.
A. for him to leave B. of him to leave
C. for him leave D. him to leave
110. Remember _____ the newspaper when you have finished it.
A. putting back B. put back C. to put back D. will put back
111.Napoleon spoke so loudly as to _____ in front of his soldiers.
A. hear B. be heard C. listen D. be listened to
112.Television and radio _____ to know what is going on all over the world.
A. made it possible of us B. have made us possible
C. have made it possible for us D. have made it be possible for us
113. I have enjoyed my visit here. I'll be very sorry .
A. for leaving B. to leave C. f leaving D. to have left
114. I don't see how I could possible manage______ the work without .
A. to finish；helping B. to finish；being helped
C. finishing；helping D. finishing；being helped
115. We all think it most foolish _____ this mistake.
A. for you making B. of you to make
C. you to make D. for you to make
116. Because of air pollution being greatly reduced, this city is still _____.
A. a good place which to be lived in B. a good place to live
C. a good place to live in D. a good place to live for
117. —You were lost on your way to the lake, weren't you?
—Yes, we were and had to stop the way.
A. asking B. o ask C. asked D. to be asked
118. She felt it a great shame _____ so severely in the presence of her boy friend.
A. to criticize B. to have criticized
C. to be criticized D. to have been criticized
119. The advertisements are trying _____ people to buy things they don't really need.
A. persuade B. persuading C. be persuading D. to persuade
120. If you were much younger, I would arrange_____ as the general manager, for all your
colleagues speak highly of your work.
A. for you to work B. of you to work
C. for you work D. you work